Saturday, April 16, 2011

Week 31!

It's non-alcoholic, people.
This was an exciting week because two of my childhood best friends flew into town to help celebrate Roasty. I got a few of my best girls together to decorate onesies, eat and play silly games. All together we made over 20 onesies with lots of fun one-of-a-kind messages. Charity and Yolanda made delicious brunch and Eleanor graciously hosted at her house. Thanks, ladies!

The sweater Sarah knitted for Roasty.
Brunch on a beautiful day!
Naima begs for help while Asher attacks her pacifier



Finished onesies drying.
I'm pretty proud of my Jamaican flag.
Yo and Mac talk designs.
My latest pregnancy side affect has been middle of the night charley horses. I wake up screaming with my calf totally seized up. Of course Leighton jumps out of bed, panicked, and then ignores me when I tell him it's just a cramp. The one I had this week left me limping for days. I felt like I had run a marathon, that's how sore my poor calf was.

The quilt Yolanda made for Roasty
The artists at work.
(Alexis carved a jicama stamp!) 
I got to hangout with a midwife at Lucy and Mackenzie's house. She poked and prodded and determined that Roasty's head is way down in my pelvis (right on my bladder, as a matter of fact) and his butt is right up against the center of my rib cage. She said this is a great position for him to be in for birth. He's already a good boy. I feel most of his movements on both sides of my belly which makes sense--that's him waving his arms.

I also stepped on a scale for the frist time in a while...196 pounds! Leighton's happy though because he says my butt is getting bigger...

Karl found a pretty awesome name idea.  Well, the name is a little weird, but the meaning is too perfect.  According to Jainism, one of the three primary spiritual traditions of India (along with Hinduism and Buddhism), "Tirthankaras which literally means “maker of a ford” and refers to a human being who achieves omniscience and then teaches the path to liberation to others, thereby establishing a ford across the river of rebirth"


Per my last post, there is an online petition to bring Postum back.  Help a sister out and sign here:   http://www.PetitionOnline.com/postum/

No comments:

Post a Comment