Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Week 36!

Roasty is the size of a Crenshaw melon, 6 pounds!
I've finally begun suffering from the famous lower back pain in pregnancy.  I notice it the most when I get out of bed 800 times to pee.  Sometimes it sort of flairs and it hurts to walk.  Yoga helps a lot.  And Leighton has been rubbing me down with tiger balm.

We got a new OB, Dr. Stavely, thanks to recommendations from our doula.  She is sooooooo much better!  She actually talked to us!  I also got weighed at my last appointment...207 pounds!  Leighton only weighs 214, so we'll see if I can catch him.

My school does a "TBS Idol" in which Leighton performed with one of my colleagues, Chris.  They got mad love from the audience.  I call him my Jamaican idol.  Check them out:  http://vimeo.com/23931110

The boys pose before the big party.
Leighton and almost grandma

We also got to celebrate Carol's 60th birthday at Stinson Beach.  We ate, we danced, we canoed, we ping ponged, it was a great vacation.  So many folks in the extended family have new babies so there was lots of mama talk.  It was fun to compare bellies and stories with Katie who is two months behind me, and we have the same doula!  Speaking of Michelle, we met with her to discuss our labor plan.  We're going to try and stay at home as long as possible and then stay as relaxed as possible while at the hospital (that's the challenging part).  Hopefully staying at home will mean fewer interventions.  We're hoping everything will go smoothly enough to let us stay where we are comfortable. 

Emma and Katie's bellies.
Lance and Susie fight the current in the lagoon.
Playing Ping Pong at Stinson, almost beat Mickey and Leighton.

Two of our roommates, Froy and Christa graduated from Cal with Masters in Environmental Sciences.  We had a huge dinner of terriyaki chicken and tempura with both graduates and their families.  Plus, I made a special edition Oski carrot cake...mmmmm....
The graduates with their special Cal carrot cake

We love it when Froy's family visits!

1 comment:

  1. Looking good Emma! Can't wait to see pics of the little man!

    P.S. that carrot cake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete