Friday, June 10, 2011

Week 38!

Working on those progress reports!

I am now 210 pounds and I feel every last one of them!  I'm definitely bloated these days.  The wedding ring is off, flip flops are the shoe of choice and my face looks like the marshmallow man every morning.

Excited grandparents
 I've had a bit of trouble sleeping, but it sort of comes and goes.  I think I'm having some anxiety about getting everything done at work, getting everything ready here at home and of course, labor.  So I wake up to pee and then can't fall back asleep.  And no matter what time I go to bed I am wide awake at 6am.  I guess my body is preparing me for having to get up lots for a crying, hungry baby.

Roasty is moving a lot.  I'm able to play with him in utero a little.  He kicks me, I poke him back.  Sometimes we can do it for a while.  I'm hoping he enjoys it so much that he'll want to come out and play for real!

The table
The presentation of books
We had our grandparent baby shower this weekend.  It featured food from all of the ethnicities in Roasty's extended family: dim sun from China, patties from Jamaica, Bulgogi from Korea, soda bread and dubliner cheddar from Ireland, naan and various masalas from India, sushi from Japan and fruit from the good ole' USA.  The table was beautifully set up by Cousin John with alstroemeria from Aunt Judy.  Guests all thumb printed the baby tree drawn by Aunt Yuki.  The best part was the presentation of books.  People told wonderful stories of the books they remembered as kids or the books they read to their kids.  It was very sweet.  And now we have a great collection of books to read to Roasty.
Cha and Naima stamp the tree

sampling the watermelon
cousins Oliver and Rexland
Aunt Yuki and Uncle Karl
cousins Annie, Katie and Grace
DJ prepares his s'mores
As the party wound down, Leighton made an awesome fire.  And with a fire, there must be s'mores.  Luckily, we always have our stash ready.

S'mores all around!
We're still working on names.  I was g-chatting with our roommate, Froy, who is spending the summer in China (where he can't check my blog!) and he was giving us name ideas.  One of my concerns is that all of the names Leighton likes are very adult, serious names and I wonder what we will call the baby.  Froy said we just need to come up with good nicknames, duh.  But none were coming to me.  Froy started throwing out all kinds of great ideas and I complimented him on his nicknaming abilities to which he replied, "I'm Mexican, we don't have names, we have nicknames".

Cousins plot to catch Momo


The boys admire big mama

I'm so glad Roasty has all of these influences so every detail will be accounted for!

No comments:

Post a Comment